The 3D Hubs network is inviting applicants for its Students Innovation Grant Program for the year 2020. The awards are open for the current students in secondary, undergraduate or postgraduate education or recent graduates.
The program is providing a chance for students to showcase their talents and earn funds for their higher education. The recipients will be able to accomplish their dreams and goals without facing less financial burdens.
The 3D Hubs network was established in 2013. It has produced more than 4,000,000 parts, making 3D Hubs the global leader in distributed manufacturing and raised over $30M from the people behind the world’s most successful online platforms.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the candidates must be following the entire eligibility criteria:
- For a project to be eligible, a physical prototype or product must be presented (renders will not be considered). Additionally, the whole or part of the design must be fabricated through either 3D printing, CNC machining, injection moulding, or sheet metal fabrication.
- Submissions are accepted from individual contributors as well as teams.
- All applicants must either be current students (in secondary, undergraduate or postgraduate education) or recent graduates who have completed their studies after July 2019.
How to Apply
Eligible and interested students can enter the program electronically by filling out an online application form and answering some essential questions.
- This year, the company is accepting submissions for three categories as below:
- Product Design- Consumer products, consumer electronics, gadgets, fashion
- Robotics- Mechatronics, automation, biomimetics, electromechanical systems, 3D printing systems
- Transportation- Automotive, electric vehicles, alternative urban transport, aircraft, spacecraft, drones
The company will be handing over the below prizes to the recipients:
- One winner will be selected from each of the categories based on specific selection criteria.
- $1000 in grant funding to support their project
- Media exposure to a global audience (powered by 3D Hubs)
- Technical support to turn their idea into a real-life product
- The five finalists of each category will also receive an official finalist certificate and a copy of The 3D Printing Handbook.
The application deadline to provide your projects is June 28th, 2020, 23:59 CET.