The International Exlibris Centre of the Town of Sint-Niklaas invites applications for the 22nd Sint-Niklaas 2019 International Bookplates And Small Printmaking Competition. The competition is open to everyone living anywhere in the world and aged over 18 can submit his/her prints.
To give the children and young people a chance to discover the exlibris there is a special competition for the under fifteen-year-olds. The ex-libris society Graphia reserves a special prize of 250 EUR for the winner and the total prize pool for the competition is now 7.750 EUR. So, worth to try your luck!
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Everyone living anywhere in the world and aged over 18 can submit his/her prints.
- Prints from woodcuts to digital prints and almost all types of fine graphic printmaking techniques are allowed.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit it to the following address: International Exlibris Center – Urban Museums – Match 2019 Zwijgershoek 14 – B-9100 Sint-Niklaas (Belgium)
Note: Without a filled out and signed entry form your entry is invalid.
- The participant must be born before 2001. Youngsters can take their chance in the separate youth competition.
- Town of Sint-Niklaas Award winners will not be eligible for another money prize for the next two competitions.
- Jurors, I.E.C. advisory board members, and Sint-Niklaas Municipal Museums employees may not take part in the competition
- Creation date: The participating prints need to have been designed and printed in 2017 or 2018.
- Technical requirements: only original small impressions from a set print run like bookplates or other types of prints are allowed.
- All graphics printmaking techniques, also including mixed media printmaking techniques, original photographic and digital creations, capable of producing an edition of at least 5 equal impressions of good quality, are accepted.
- Dimensions: The combined image and text of each print has to be limited to 13 cm x 13 cm. The paper support upon which the image is printed may not be larger than 20 cm x 15 cm. The prints must be two-dimensional.
- Mounting: The impressions may not be framed nor be mounted on a secondary
- A number of entries per participant:
- Up to 3 different bookplates and/or
- Participants must send 2 original and identical printed
- 3 different small graph prints per participant.
- Copies of the different bookplates and small prints
- Send no more prints than allowed, make your own selection.
- Use of foreign languages: When using texts in non-Latin characters or in a language that is not Dutch, French, English or German, the print should be accompanied by a translation or explanation in one of the languages mentioned.
- The entry form:
- The entry must be accompanied by a signed and clearly filled-out entry form together with information about the prints and about its maker (in Dutch, French, German or English).
- The name, the year of birth and the e-mail address or other contact address of the participant are published in the catalog.
- Also state your participation digitally at the time of shipment: send your details and information about your submission by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Awards for technique: Awards for three different types of main techniques: 1.250 € for each award
- Award for Young Talent (under 30): 750 €
- Special bookplate awards:
- the best bookplate: 1.250 €
- Graphia Award for a child’s exlibris: 750 €
- The best entry with children as a topic: 1.250 €
Send your participation before November 1, 2018.