The International Exlibris Centre of the Town of Sint-Niklaas invites applications for the 22nd Sint-Niklaas 2019 International Bookplates And Small Printmaking Competition. The competition is open to everyone living anywhere in the world and aged over 18 can submit his/her prints.
To give the children and young people a chance to discover the exlibris there is a special competition for the under fifteen-year-olds. The ex-libris society Graphia reserves a special prize of 250 EUR for the winner and the total prize pool for the competition is now 7.750 EUR. So, worth to try your luck!
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Everyone living anywhere in the world and aged over 18 can submit his/her prints.
- Prints from woodcuts to digital prints and almost all types of fine graphic printmaking techniques are allowed.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit it to the following address: International Exlibris Center – Urban Museums – Match 2019 Zwijgershoek 14 – B-9100 Sint-Niklaas (Belgium)
Note: Without a filled out and signed entry form your entry is invalid.
- The participant must be born before 2001. Youngsters can take their chance in the separate youth competition.
- Town of Sint-Niklaas Award winners will not be eligible for another money prize for the next two competitions.
- Jurors, I.E.C. advisory board members, and Sint-Niklaas Municipal Museums employees may not take part in the competition
- Creation date: The participating prints need to have been designed and printed in 2017 or 2018.
- Technical requirements: only original small impressions from a set print run like bookplates or other types of prints are allowed.
- All graphics printmaking techniques, also including mixed media printmaking techniques, original photographic and digital creations, capable of producing an edition of at least 5 equal impressions of good quality, are accepted.
- Dimensions: The combined image and text of each print has to be limited to 13 cm x 13 cm. The paper support upon which the image is printed may not be larger than 20 cm x 15 cm. The prints must be two-dimensional.
- Mounting: The impressions may not be framed nor be mounted on a secondary
- A number of entries per participant:
- Up to 3 different bookplates and/or
- Participants must send 2 original and identical printed
- 3 different small graph prints per participant.
- Copies of the different bookplates and small prints
- Send no more prints than allowed, make your own selection.
- Use of foreign languages: When using texts in non-Latin characters or in a language that is not Dutch, French, English or German, the print should be accompanied by a translation or explanation in one of the languages mentioned.
- The entry form:
- The entry must be accompanied by a signed and clearly filled-out entry form together with information about the prints and about its maker (in Dutch, French, German or English).
- The name, the year of birth and the e-mail address or other contact address of the participant are published in the catalog.
- Also state your participation digitally at the time of shipment: send your details and information about your submission by e-mail email@example.com.
- Awards for technique: Awards for three different types of main techniques: 1.250 € for each award
- Award for Young Talent (under 30): 750 €
- Special bookplate awards:
- the best bookplate: 1.250 €
- Graphia Award for a child’s exlibris: 750 €
- The best entry with children as a topic: 1.250 €
Send your participation before November 1, 2018.