Dr. Matthew Steele, a cosmetic surgeon, utilizes his unique skills to assist infants born with cleft lips and palates all across the world. He goes on mission missions all around the world to provide these youngsters with much-needed operations. Dr. Steele, his surgical team, and his family value the act of donating one’s skills to people in need.
For this grant, students must explain a domestic or foreign mission they have participated in. While medical missions are near and dear to our hearts, this grant is accessible to any form of mission or service trip. Please let them know whether you offered to help build homes, teach children, or assist with natural disaster assistance. Please tell them what inspired you to give your time to a specific goal. Is your major or how you’ll utilize your degree impacted by the sort of mission you’re on? What significant lessons did you learn from this journey and how did it open your eyes? Are there any areas where you think you might improve, and if so, what would you change?
Students who are interested in giving back on a local, national, or global scale are encouraged to apply. $1,000 will be given to one student as part of their Medical Mission Scholarship to help them pursue their study. The scholarship application deadline is December 31, 2021.
The following table provides an overview of the entire scholarship:
|Organization||Dr. Matthew Steele|
|Educational Level||High school seniors, college and graduate student|
|Subjects||Open to All|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Deadline||December 31, 2021|
|Requirement||Online Application, Essay|
Who May Be Eligible
In order to be qualified for The 2021 Medical Mission Scholarship, the applicants must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- The scholarship is accessible to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is currently in a two to a five-year post-secondary institution for the spring 2022 semester and is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- Employees of Dr. Matthew Steele’s practice, as well as their immediate family and/or household members, are not qualified to apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates for this award must have a 3.0 GPA or better and be in excellent academic standing overall.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in registering for The 2021 Medical Mission Scholarship must fill out online registration forms available at the Dr. Matthew Steele organisation’s website. Click here to view the online application:
- The candidate must respond to the prompt with a 700-1,000 word essay: Describe your volunteer activity, the individuals you assisted, and the impact it had on you in the short and long term.
- The candidate must provide a professional resumé detailing their professional and academic background.
- A transcript from the candidate’s present school must be submitted. An unofficial transcript from their present school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their previous school, may be submitted by first-year college students, graduate students, or persons who have just moved institutions. Students in high school must additionally provide documentation of admittance to their chosen institution or institution.
Candidates must send their complete application (containing the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2021 to be considered for this award. Any applications received after this date will be rejected.
The subject line for scholarship applications should include “Dr. Matthew Steele – 2021 Medical Mission Scholarship Application.”
The winner will receive a scholarship of $1000. This can be used for anything that the candidate believes will further their academic goals and will aid in their purpose to achieve their future goals. Students that are interested in giving back on a local, national, or global scale should be encouraged and that is the purpose of this grant.
The applications are open till December 31, 2021. To be considered for The 2021 Medical Mission Scholarship, please send your entries by then.