CareerSafe, Safety Education for America’s Future, is excited to offer the 2019 National Youth Safety Video Contest. The contest is open for all career and technical education students who are legal residents of the 50 United States.
The contest challenges students from across the country to create a short video demonstrating safety in the workplace. The top three video winners will receive scholarship prizes and be announced at the Opening Ceremony of the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference in Louisville, KY.
Who May Eligible:
Additionally, students must have completed at least one of the following CareerSafe courses:
- All career and technical education students that are legal residents of the 50 united states and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older as of September 1, 2019.
- Each entry must have a sponsor (e.g. teacher, mentor, advisor, or parent/guardian)
- Youth Safety Video Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older as of October 1, 2017.
How to Apply & Competition Rules
You may enter the CareerSafe® Youth Safety Video Contest by
- Completing the Entry Form and the Consent and Release Form found on the CareerSafe website at http://www.careersafeonline.com/contest.
- Submitting the completed forms, along with your video, to CareerSafe® Youth Safety Video Contest, c/o CareerSafe, LLC, 1005 University Drive East, College Station, TX 77840 (“Entrant”).
Each application must include:
- A minor (for these purposes, a person under 18 years of age) submitting an entry must receive his/her parent/legal guardian’s permission and include his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s signature, name, and a daytime telephone number on the Consent and Release Form.
- All videos must be less than two.
- Minutes in length and must be consistent with the theme of this Contest: “conveying a message related to youth safety in the workplace.”
- Entries must be submitted only via U.S. Postal Service or any other conventional mail delivery service.
- Videos submitted as part of this Contest must be created by the Entrant and must convey a message related to youth safety in the workplace.
- The Contest will be run in accordance with the Official Contest Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor.
- Entrants must comply with the Official Contest Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Official Contest Rules by participating in the Contest.
Winning Student Prize
- 1st Place: $2,500 scholarship
- 2nd Place: $2,000 scholarship
- 3rd Place: $1,500 scholarship
Winning School Prize
- 1st Place: $5,000 cash
- 2nd Place: $3,500 cash
- 3rd Place: $2,000 cash
All submissions should be postmarked by March 1, 2019.