This program provides 10-week intensive academic experience for students to explore their research inquiries and learn about the doctoral career path.
The University Of San Diego (USD) is a private Roman Catholic research university in California, founded in July 1949. The USD offers more than 79 degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
Who May Eligible
To be eligible, the applicants must read the following points carefully:
- The minimum cumulative USD GPA of a candidate is 3.0.
- Aspirants must be a US Citizen or permanent US Resident.
- Candidates must have a desire to pursue doctoral study.
How to Apply
In order to submit a proposal for the McNair Summer Research Program:
- Applicants must first complete the application process to establish eligibility.
- After establishing eligibility for the program, candidates are encouraged to identify a USD faculty member.
- Then the mentor will produce a summer research proposal to the candidates.
- Lastly, the applicants need to read about the Statement of Interest Instructions and Application Checklist.
USD McNair Summer Research Interns are eligible for:
- Winner of the program will receive a $5000 stipend.
- The awardee will receive research supplies fund
- The scholarship winner will receive campus housing for the duration of the Summer Research Program
- The awardee will take GRE test preparation
- Winner of this program will receive a GRE fee waiver or reduction.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on February 28, 2020.