Songdoor is now inviting talented young songwriters from around the world to become a part of its songwriting contest. Songdoor Songwriting Contest is an annual program that provides amateurs and professionals, ages 16 and older with a platform to compete, showcase their talent and get some recognization. This program will help you in two ways: (1) it will give you the opportunity to get your music heard by industry pros that have influence and connections; (2), become a better songwriter. The fact that makes this program different from others is that it gives all the contestants three free songwriting tools to enter.
Songdoor International Songwriting Contest was started in 2006 and since then it has been a great help for songwriters who want to give a boost to their songwriting career. The received entries will be evaluated by the judges who are Grammy®/Emmy/Dove-award winners, million-selling writers, and music icons. So what are you waiting for? Put your best work in front of them and launch your career.
Songdoor has been helping people become better songwriters by giving them free opportunities and tools toward that goal. Moreover, SongDoor is the only competition where you can get a free, unlimited access trial to SongU.com, plus a Broadjam Film/TV membership, plus a different kind of songwriting software every year.
Check out the table given below for more information:
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Application Deadline||November 15, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
This songwriting competition that’s open to amateurs and professionals, ages 16 and older.
How to Apply?
Candidates will have to fill out an online application form. On the entry form page, they can complete your information and upload their songs and lyrics files. They may submit 3 entries to perform.
- Song files must be in MP3 format ONLY! Lyric files must be in .doc, .txt or .pdf format.
- MP3 and lyric-sheet filenames must match your song title. Filenames like track1.mp3 will be rejected.
- If your song is an instrumental, please upload a blank .doc, .txt or .pdf file as a lyric sheet.
- The song must be original; no covers or re-interpretations of public domain music/poetry.
- Live performance videos must have decent audio and a short(<5 sec.) or no spoken intro.
- We accept live,acted or animated (moving)videos vs. a static slide. Lyric videos are fine.
- No hate speech or slurs, explicit lyrics or lyrics that glorify violence, death or destruction.
SongDoor is the only competition that provides every single entrant with a free, unlimited access trial to SongU.com, plus a Broadjam Film/TV membership, plus a different kind of songwriting software every year.
Applications will close on November 15, 2021. After this date, no entry will be considered for this program.