SME has brought a fantastic program named “MPD Division Student Poster Contest” for students. This poster competition is now calling young students to come and show their artistic talent and gain recognization for the same. Each year, the organization receives multiple applications from students and displays their submitted posters at the MPD Lunch held during the SME Annual Conference & Expo. This contest is specially designed for graduate and undergraduate students.
This program gives all participants an opportunity to present and highlight their work in a fun environment and build a lasting connection with industry and academic professionals. Successful winners of this program are awarded complimentary tickets to the MPD Luncheon and attractive cash prizes. Additionally, top-placing posters will be provided with up to $1,000. MPD Division Student Poster Contest has been successful in gaining immense popularity among students. This program welcomes graduate and undergraduate contestants from a diversity of universities. To become a part of this program, the candidate can submit an abstract as a PDF file to SMEMPDPosters@smenet.org by January 31.
Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration in short SME is home to 13,000 global members that are dedicated to bringing together the mining and mineral industry’s brightest and most dedicated professionals. The organization offers world-class technical resources, educational programs, networking opportunities, and professional development tools.
Check out the table given below for more information
|Organization||Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration|
|Education Level||Graduate and undergraduate|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||January 31, 2022|
Who is Eligible?
- You must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a university with ABET accreditation or with an SME student chapter, and your research topic for the contest must be focused on mineral processing or extractive metallurgy. You also must attend the MINEXCHANGE SME Annual Conference & Expo in person.
- Entries must be from individual students (co-authors may only be research advisors).
How to Apply?
To enter, candidates will have to send an abstract as a PDF file to SMEMPDPosters@smenet.org by January 31:
- 1 page (including text and graphics); 8.5” x 11” paper size; 1” margins.
- Format according to the provided Abstract Template.
- Name your file: “(your last name)(your first name)_MPD contest (year of contest).pdf.”
Cash prizes: (1) Graduates: $1,000 for 1st, $500 for 2nd, and $200 each for 3rd-7th, (2) Undergraduates: $1,000 for 1st, $500 for 2nd, and $250 for 3rd, (3) Non-placing posters (main author only): $125 each.
Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2022. Early applications will be encouraged.