Mrs. Marsden set up the George and Dorothy Marsden Scholarship Fund to help academically and encourage understudies from the Inland Northwest to advance their potential at the world’s best schools and colleges. “My aims would be completely satisfied,” she composed, if “… our youngsters … go to the extraordinary colleges of the world as assigned Marsden Scholars.” Around two new Marsden Scholars are recognized each spring from secondary school seniors whose permanent legitimate home is inside the Episcopal Diocese of Spokane. The granted awards help them advance education at top-notch universities or colleges.
To be qualified for the grant, a candidate must have a legal permanent residence inside the Episcopal Diocese of Spokane (the territory of Washington east of the Cascades and the province of Idaho north of the Salmon River) and be a secondary school senior. You don’t need to be a member of an Episcopal church or any faith community. The candidate must present the complete Application on the current year’s online application structure by March 31. Applications are assessed in their entirety, considering the promise of scholarly excellence, from grades, scores, and other variables to be considered.
St. John’s is a Christ-focused, religiously progressive community of a large number of people that have kept up with customs while effectively looking for a contemporary comprehension of faith in their place and time.
Following are the brief details concerning the subsequent grant:
|Organization||St. John’s Cathedral|
|Education Level||High school senior|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Contest Deadline||March 31|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following is the qualification criteria for the concerning grant program:
- Have a permanent legal residence within the Episcopal Diocese of Spokane (the state of Washington east of the Cascades and the state of Idaho north of the Salmon River)
- Be a high school senior
- You do not have to be a member of an Episcopal church or any faith community
How to Apply?
The qualified candidates who are intrigued to apply are required to follow the below-given steps:
- Download and review the Application Checklist
- When you have prepared everything in the Checklist which applies to you, allow yourself time to complete the Application carefully, then click Application. NOTE: Forms must be completed online, and the application form must be completed in one session; it cannot be saved and re-visited.
- Be sure to send the appropriate links to those providing references and confirm receipt, with a reminder that reference forms must be submitted online by the said deadline.
The selected beneficiaries of this grant will be granted the funds they require to fund their education. The award amounts vary every year depending upon the availability of funds and the number of candidates applying. The award funds will be directly sent to the school through a check, and the funds are only for educational purposes.
All candidates can submit their Applications every year by March 31, the annual deadline, and no applications will be accepted after this date. So sit tight and start preparing your Application all ready to book your seat.