The International Statistical Literacy Project (ISLP) is a project initiated by the International Association for Statistical Education (IASE), invite applications for the ISLP Poster Competition 2018-2019. The competition is open for the school and university students from around the world to design a statistical poster.
In the International competition, prizes for both lower and upper secondary school categories are €450 for 1st, €350 for 2nd, €200 for 3rd team. In the university category, the prize for the international winner is €2000.
Who May Eligible:
- The competition invites school and university students from around the world to design a statistical poster.
- Thecompetition is open to teams of 2 to 5 students. There are three categories
- students born in 2003 and younger (lower secondary school)
- students born in 2000 and younger (upper secondary school)
- undergraduate students in university/college (Bachelor’s degree students or equivalent, no age limit)
Howto Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://iase-web.org/islp/Poster_Competition_2018-2019.php
- There is no particular theme or topic required for a poster to be eligible.
- The posters should reflect or illustrate usage analysis, interpretation, and communication of statistics or statistical information.
- Teams are registered by teachers or faculty staff.
- In planning the projects on which posters are based, it is important to take in to account the judging rules of the ISLP Poster Competition, which clarify these educational goals.
- Data used can be collected by students or previously published by someone else (if the data is published, the source must be cited in the poster)
- Posters can be in any language
- Posters must be blind i.e. they must not contain any information about students or schools who have submitted them
- Posters from previous international competitions are not allowed
- Posters must be the original design and creation of students
- Posters must be two-dimensional (one single sheet) and one-sided: maximum size is A1 (841 mm x 594 mm or 33.1 in x 23.4 in) and maximum file size is 10 MB.
- In case of an electronic poster, the font size should be such that if it was printed in A1, it would be readable from 2 meters(7 feet) away.
- All entries become the property of the ISI and will not be returned
- Posters received after the established deadline will not be considered for the competition
In the International competition, prizes for both lower and upper secondary school categories are:
- €450 for 1st
- €350 for 2nd
- €200 for 3rd team.
- In the university category, the prize for the international winner is €2000.
- In addition, the JMP from SAS will reward with an honorary mention the university team, which best applied the JMP software in their work.
The application will close on the February 1, 2019.