LA tutors are welcoming applicants for the Innovation in Education Scholarship who wish to pursue their higher education for the academic year 2019-20.
LA Tutors are passionate about sparking the creative genius in students and would love to commend those outstanding students who have made a difference in the lives of others in some innovative or technological fashion.
Who May Eligible
For applying for this scholarship, candidates have to meet the certain eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be currently be enrolled as a high school or college/university student within the United States or Canada.
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (or the equivalent).
- Students must be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the United States or Canada.
- Holders must have designed an innovative project that makes a difference in the lives of others
- Must submit an essay describing the goal of the particular project and provide supporting documentation.
- The essay, idea, or creation must be the applicant’s original work.
How to Apply
For being a part of the program, candidates have to fill the online application form with an essay, letter of recommendation, and a photo before submitting the application with all the following documents:
- Essay – The essay should describe the goal of the particular project and provide the link to access the content such as the blog, app, etc. (if applicable).
- Letter of Recommendation – The letter should evaluate the quality of the work.
- Applicant’s Photo – The photo should be one taken during project execution. JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF format only.
Benefits: The applicant of the winning project will receive a one-time scholarship of $500, which may be applied to the following school-related expenses: tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board.
Application Deadline: All submission must be done by the 20th of each month.