Looking forward to appearing for a first-year graduation program or are you in a gap year preparing for graduate school? Hertz Foundation has an amazing deal for you. Students who are appearing for the first year of graduation program and have intensions to complete a Ph.D. in applied physics and biological sciences, engineering, and mathematics are welcome to win the Hertz Foundation Fellowship.
With this fellowship, students have the advantage to complete their graduation courses in one of the best graduate schools without worrying about their educational expenses. The Hertz Foundation Fellowship was started to help and encourage students to complete their graduation and Ph.D. with maximum support. Winners are provided with education support as well as life-time professional assistance.
The Hertz Foundation was established by John and Fannie Hertz, more than 60 years ago. The motto behind starting this foundation was to help to build a strong and advanced nation in science and technology. John and Fannie Hertz were immigrants who came to America for changing their fate. After achieving success, they started this foundation to give opportunities to youngsters to pursue and complete their dreams.
Who May Be Eligible?
Before proceeding with the application form, please check the below-given eligibility criteria:
- The applicant should be a United States resident or a permanent resident to be considered for the fellowship.
- International students are not eligible for this fellowship.
- Students should be enrolled in an accredited graduate school to be eligible.
- Applicant should be a college senior, or first-year graduate student or student with a gap year enrolling for the first year in graduate school.
- Candidate must be intended to pursue a Ph.D. in any of the following courses: applied physics, mathematics, engineering biological sciences.
- Students should implant abilities like in-depth, integrated knowledge, creative problem-solving attitudes, commitment to doing good, active leadership attitude, lifelong achieving skills.
How to Apply
Applications will be opened in mid of August; interested candidates can submit their email address to get notified when the applications will be opened. Students should submit their email address using the following link t get notified as soon as applications are open to being the first for consideration. All the details and the supporting documents should be provided effectively.
- Applicant should submit their residency proof of being a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- The candidate has to submit their transcript with the application. Candidates can submit an unofficial transcript with the application if the candidate is selected for the fellowship they have to submit an official transcript.
- Applicants have to submit an essay with the application. This essay should be about the applicant’s research, extracurricular activity, and leadership experience, financial problems you faced, and any other experience that makes the Hertz Foundation community understand you and your need for financial need. There is no word limit for the essay.
- Students have to submit at least four letters of recommendation with the application. These letters should be from any professional or advisor who knows about the academic qualities of the applicant. These letters should consist of the name of the recommender, contact details, and a valid email. Applicants can submit more than four letters of recommendation.
The deserving winners of the fellowship program will receive the below prizes:
- Selected applicants will receive the Hertz Foundation with full tuition required for graduation.
- Winner will also receive a $40,000 for nine-months every year as a personal stipend.
- The fellow will receive a supplementary stipend of $8,000 per year from the Hertz Foundation.
- If the winner has a dependent child, an extra stipend of $5,000 per year will be given.
- These benefits are renewable annually for five years.
The deadline to submit your application will be in October 29, 2021.