Harness Dickey is very glad to present an amazing program named “Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship.” This program is a golden opportunity for law students who need some guidance, experience as well as financial support to do well in their legal careers. As a part of this program, all first-year law students will receive career mentoring and monetary assistance and a chance to explore their interest in intellectual property law, gain a better understanding of working in an intellectual property law firm and continue to excel in law school. To enter this program, entrants need to be in good standing as a law student at an ABA-accredited law school.
Preference will be given to a member of one of the underrepresented racial/ethnic groups defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, a woman, a member of the LGBTQ community, an individual with a disability, or a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces. The application portal is open until March 1, 2022. Interested students may send their entry on or before this date. This fellowship comes with amazing perks that incorporate paid summer clerkship with harness dickey, a $5,000 scholarship, mentorship, an option to renew the fellowship. So if you are looking to obtain some working experience before you graduate as well as need some financial assistance, then look no further as this could be what you need.
As a full-service IP firm, Harness dickey is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity, entrepreneurial thinking, and fearless creativity. It houses more than 100 lawyers and IP professionals who understand clients’ interests and work relentlessly to protect their rights. The employees of this company are actively indulged in charitable efforts to make a positive impact on our communities.
Check out the table given below for more information
|Education Level||Law school students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||March 1, 2022|
|Requirements||Resume, transcripts, personal statement, two professional or academic references, legal writing sample|
Who is Eligible?
Candidates are required to meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of one of the underrepresented racial/ethnic groups defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, a woman, a member of the LGBTQ community, an individual with a disability, or a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Be in good standing as a law student at an ABA-accredited law school.
- Have a degree in engineering, life sciences, chemistry, computer science, or have substantial prior trademark, copyright, or related job experience.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and community involvement.
- Contribute to diversity efforts through involvement in law school or other community efforts.
- Be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Complete a clerkship with the firm.
- Have a strong interest in joining Harness Dickey as an associate after law school graduation.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can send their applications through the online portal of this program. Please click here to go to the online portal of Harness Dickey.
To be eligible as a candidate for the Diversity & Inclusion, entrants should provide the following documents:
- A Completed Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship Application submitted by March 1, 2022 (See link below)
- Current resume
- Undergraduate and law school transcripts
- Personal statement (500 words or more) addressing how the candidate will contribute to the legal profession diversity goals
- Two professional or academic references
- Legal writing sample
- Any other pertinent information the candidate believes may be helpful for the firm to know
As a participant of this program, candidates can reap the following benefits:
- A paid summer clerkship with Harness Dickey in one or more of its four Metro offices (Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; St. Louis, MO; Washington, DC), compensated at Harness Dickey’s standard summer associate rates.
- A $5,000 Scholarship upon successful completion of the summer clerkship.
- The availability of a mentor, with whom the candidate will work during the summer clerkship period, throughout the following school year
- An option to renew the Fellowship following the successful completion of a first summer clerkship with Harness Dickey, based on mutual agreement
Applications are open until March 1, 2022. Late entry will lead to disqualification.