Arizona State University is pleased to announce 2019-2020 Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship. The FLAS Fellowship is open to the U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residents who are a degree-seeking student in good standing at Arizona State University or have been accepted for admission to ASU.
This program provides academic year fellowships for undergraduate and undergraduate students in foreign language and region or international studies. Fellowship provides eligible scholarships up to $ 5,000 scholarships and up to $ 10,000 in annual teaching and up to $15,000 scholarships and $ 18,000 in fees and fees for graduate students.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Applicant must be a degree-seeking student in good standing at Arizona State University or have been accepted for admission to ASU
- Applicant must be eligible to receive an Arizona State University tuition scholarship.
- Applicants must submit their FAFSA for the 2019-2020 academic year and provide a copy of their Financial Aid Award Letter
- Applicants must be prepared to enroll in the intermediate level or above for both the Fall and Spring semester. (For graduate students already proficient in one Asian language, some exceptions apply.)
- Applicants must be prepared to enroll in at least one area studies course (at least 50% Asia focus) for both the Fall and Spring semester
- Applicants must show high academic achievement and demonstrate a long-term interest in Asia
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit this to Asia@asu.edu
- Send two letters of recommendation at least one from ASU faculty; one may be from language evaluator
- Send completed language evaluation form (evaluator may be from an outside institution)
- All documents sent as PDF forms to Asia@asu.edu (Recommenders and Language Evaluator are to send documents from their institutional emails)
- All materialsmust be submitted electronically in combined PDF form.
- Graduate Students: Academic Year: $15,000 living stipend plus tuition and mandatory fees up to $18,000.
- Undergraduate Students: Academic Year: $5,000 living stipend plus tuition and mandatory fees up to $10,000.
The application deadline is March 1, 2019.
Email at Asia@asu.edu, if you have any questions or concerns.