Applications are open for the Cory L. Richards Memorial Scholarship sponsored by the Guttmacher Institute. This scholarship is open to the applicants who are entering or currently enrolled in a full-time graduate study program at an accredited institution in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
This scholarship seeks to nurture the development of future leaders by providing financial support to excellent students who are seeking advanced degrees in the disciplines of public health or public policy.
One individual will be designated each year as a Cory Richards Scholar and awarded a one-time scholarship of $15,000 to support full-time graduate study at an accredited institution in the United States.
Who May Eligible:
Applicants to the Cory L. Richards Memorial Scholarship Program must:
- Be entering or currently enrolled in a full-time graduate study program at an accredited institution in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Be pursuing a Masters degree in Public Policy or Public Health.
- Be planning to pursue a career in advancing public policy related to sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
How to Apply & Competitions Rules
To win the competition you need to do
register and complete the information through the given link:
- Past recipients may not reapply.
- Awards are for graduate study only.
- Start by clicking Register to Apply at the bottom of this page. You will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account.
- Students failing to use a valid active email account that will accommodate bulk mail may not receive consideration.
- Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking on the Save and Log out link located on each application page.
- To return to the application, you must log in using your username and password.
- Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore answer all questions as completely as possible.
- Applications and all required documents must be submitted electronically by the deadline in order for your application to be processed.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, the Lock and Submit button will be available to you near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your application before clicking the Lock and Submit button. Once submitted, you will no longer have access to your application.
- It is recommended that you print a hard copy of your application for your records.
- You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application.
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award of $15,000 (U.S.).
- One (1) award will be granted each year.
Applications are due on March 27, 2019, by 3:00 PM Central Time.