Are you a tech-savvy black student in need of an opportunity that can help you fund your education? If yes, then you have landed at the right place. Microsoft is now presenting a wonderful funding program to encourage and support black students to pursue a career in technology. The motive of BAM is to enable promising Black and African American students to earn higher education and establish a successful career in the field of technology. For this program, Microsoft is looking for US-based high school seniors of African descent.
BAM is one of the prestigious scholarships open in the United States. Through this scholarship, Microsoft supports the aspiration of black students who are passionate about technology. This scholarship will help black students attend college and pursue their education without facing financial difficulties. BAM has been dedicated to giving talented black students’ educational journey a boost by providing them needed financial backing. It will eliminate their financial barriers and allow them to do and be more.
Microsoft is an American multinational company established by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1975. This is a well-known company dedicated to developing, manufacturing, licensing, supporting, and selling computer software, electronics, and other related services.
Get useful information at a glance:
|Educational Level||High school senior|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||March 31, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this program:
- Be a US-based high school senior of African descent (for example, African American, African, Ethiopian, etc.);
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the US in the fall immediately following your high school graduation;
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing);
- Demonstrate a passion for technology;
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher;
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
How to Apply
To start the application process for this program, applicants can submit their application through the online portal of Microsoft.
Two letters of recommendation
A resume that must include the following information:
- Extracurricular activities (school and community related)
- Honours and awards that you have received (if possible, include awards that are technology related)
- Work experience
A colour picture of yourself
A transcript that includes a copy of your current academic transcript
Two essays: The first essay must contain more than 500 words, describing how you plan to engage in the technology industry in your future career. The second essay must be of more than 250 words, demonstrating your financial need for this scholarship
This year Microsoft has brought 27 BAM scholarships totalling the US $175,000:
- Four $20,000 scholarships distributed over 4 years ($5,000 per year, renewable)
- Eight $10,000 scholarships distributed over 2 years ($5,000 per year, renewable)
- Fifteen $1,000 one -time scholarships
Applications will due on March 31, 2021. Please send your application by this date.