Andreu World is pleased to announce its 18th annual International Furniture Design Contest. The competition is open to both design students and professionals without age limit. Participants are invited to design an item of furniture (seat or table) based on specifications provided in a brief.
Who May Eligible:
The competition is open both to design students and to professionals, without age limit.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
In order to participate, contestants must design an item of furniture (seat or table) that integrates all the specifications outlined by Andreu World, S.A. in the product briefing and which resolves the accompanying technical and formal challenges in the terms indicated.
To apply, the applicants must submit all the following supported or required material:
- All material submitted must be identified with the assigned participant numbers.
- Technical report
- CD or USB
- Other material relevant to the project.
- The following material must be submitted by each participant:
- A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5).
- A technical report, to be presented on 2 to 4 double-spaced, single-face A4 typewritten pages. 8 ½ inches x 11 inches pages for projects sent from the United States of America.
- CD or USB with plans, diagrams, sketches, renders or pictures from the model.
Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality. The following factors will be analyzed:
- Production costs.
- Compliance with the intended functions.
Designs must be submitted in such a manner as to facilitate their mechanized mass production. All products must be original, i.e., they must not reflect previous designs.
- The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.
- The maximum video duration (*.avi) will be 2 minutes and should be created in widescreen format with a minimum resolution of 1080p (1920×1080) and a maximum resolution of 2160p (3840×2160).
File size in avi format cannot exceed 1 Gb.
- The video should be uploaded to the Andreu World contest website. Once identified, access the menu option “Upload video”, where you can upload the file, renaming it with the “participant number” (e.g. “20180001.avi”).
All documentation must send by post or messenger service, or by delivering the project by hand to their offices, before 30th November 2018.
- Andreu World, S.A., C/ Los Sauces, 7 Urb. Olimar 46370 Chiva – Valencia Spain or P.O. Box Nº 127, C.P. 46370 Chiva Valencia Spain
Projects sent from the United States of America can be sent to the following address before 16th November 2018.
- Andreu World America, Attn: 2017 Design Contest, 222 Merchandise Mart, Ste 10-132, Chicago, Illinois 60654
The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st prize of 4000 euros
- 2nd prize of 2000 euros
- The jury will also award up to a maximum of 4, non-monetary, special mentions.
Will be awarded by a jury composed of professionals from different sectors: Design, Industry, Media and other fields related to creative activities.
The applications will close on November 30, 2018. The awards ceremony will be held on December 2018.